Weird times, are we right?
With the COVID pandemic having taken over and shut down the world for the last few months, there is one thing we can all agree on, things aren’t going to be the same moving forward for a while. We are fortunate to have low numbers in Kelowna, and at B we plan to do everything we can to keep it that way. With careful consideration and hours of work incorporating feedback from doctors, WHO, and the Ministry of Health, we have established a safe set of protocols to allow us to safely and confidently reopen our doors.
These protocols will continue to evolve as we learn more, and we are committed to staying on top of all newly released information. At this point in time, our new protocols in place are:
- Class sizes are reduced, allowing safe social distancing and members to remain at least 6ft apart at all times. Please follow all markers, and do not move bikes or equipment stations.
- Sanitation stations are set up throughout the studio. We request that immediately upon entering the studio, you remove your shoes and apply the hand sanitizer located on the front shelf as outlined by the studio signage.
- Please do not come into the studio if you are experiencing any symptoms of covid19 including; coughing, fever, sore throat or difficulty breathing or if you have been around someone experiencing these symptoms. We need to work together to keep everyone safe.
- Please do not arrive any sooner than 10 minutes before class and please leave immediately after class is done. We will cue exits from class based on rows to avoid front entrance congestion.
- There will be at least 30 minutes between classes to allow staff adequate time to thoroughly disinfectant the facility with government approved cleaning disinfectants.
- There are five hand washing stations located throughout the studio, which allows ample space for you each to wash your hands while maintaining proper social distancing.
- If we have your shoe size on file, your shoes will be waiting for you on your bike, simply check in with the front desk staff from 2m away and walk into the studio – please email us your shoe size if you don’t think it’s on file. Feel free to bring your own spin shoes as our pedals are SPD compatible.
- If you are more comfortable bringing in your own face towel, you are welcome to do so.
- Floor markers are in place in the strength room to ensure individual stations are set up at a safe social distance.
- No equipment will be shared in strength classes. Each member will create a station at the start of class and only use their equipment, after which it will all be sanitized by the staff. When possible, we will use the outdoor space to expand our strength room.
- Showers will not be available for use at this time and we encourage limited change room use
- We encourage members to come ready for class and bring in as few items as possible, limiting locker and cubby use.
- Water bottle fill stations will remain open, however we encourage you to come with a full bottle to limit potential congestion at fill stations.
- Please purchase your passes online ahead of time to limit contact.
- We encourage extra smiles, but ask that hugs, water bottle cheers and high-fives be put on hold for the time being.
We understand this is a lot, but if this is what we need to do to get back into our spin and strength classes, let’s just do it! We need the support and cooperation from each of you now, more than ever to allow us to continue running our amazing classes and keeping our strong community vibe.
If you have any questions, or would like any more information please don’t hesitate to ask.
We cannot wait to see you on the bike.
With love Kelowna,