It is with sad, but full hearts, and tremendous hope for the future that I write to announce we will be temporarily closing our doors effective immediately.
As the COVID-19 situation has evolved, so has our response. While we aimed to provide you with a health sanctuary for your fitness as long as we felt it was safe, recent updates provided by the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) now state that further action needs to be taken to help minimize the impact of COVID-19. With this updated information, we no longer feel that it is safe for you, or our community to keep our classes running.
Throughout this process, we have been clear that our goal was always to provide a safe space for you. We tried to stay open as long as we could to offer our team and our community a place of stability in a scary, and ever-changing world. We are a small business built on the foundation of incredible people, and we stand by our decisions and are grateful that we were able to provide you with a safe sanctuary for as long as we did.
As such, I feel it is important to recognize our amazing team, and all of our members, our B family, that came together to keep B a safe space, a home away from home, during this chaos. The B staff who showed up to follow through on our ongoing commitment and promise to you of offering exceptional classes, and an ever-loving inclusive community, who worked tirelessly through it all while keeping spirits high and smiles bright to create lasting memories of happiness and togetherness. For this, I can’t thank you all enough. You are all loved so much and such a big part of what makes B,B.
As of today, all classes in studio will be suspended temporarily, until we receive further information indicating it is once again safe to operate. More information on our online workout classes can be found below. In the meantime:
- Those on auto-renewing memberships will have the option to pause their account by simply responding to this email and changing the subject to “Please Pause.” However, as a young, new business, we kindly ask that if you are in a financial position to keep your membership running you do so – we will be forever grateful for you lightening the burden this has placed on us. You can change your mind at any time should your own circumstances change.
- All punch passes will have an extended expiration date.
- All those on introductory offers will have their terms extended.
- We have also set no expiration on all punch passes purchased during this time, so anything purchased during this time can be used at a later date at B.
- We are still offering discounted personal training sessions at this time.
- We will be offering free, private workout sessions for all Interior Health staff supporting this pandemic on the front line.
We strongly believe in movement and while we can’t move collectively as one right now, we’ll be sharing home workout videos that you can do from home to keep you active and moving while this runs its course. For the time being, we are running this private collection of workout videos for our B Family, on our Facebook page – simply request to join the “B Fit – Home Edition” group for unlimited access to these classes. This is an ever-evolving platform, so check back regularly for changes and new classes. It’s going to be fun 😉
This remains a complex and rapidly changing situation that reminds us that we are all part of a broader community with a responsibility to look out for each other. We encourage you to try and stay calm, kind, and positive in these times of uncertainty. As we say in our classes, we are all in this together, you are not alone.
Thank you for your support. We will come out the other side of this challenge stronger…together. For now, let’s “just B”.